12.12.2011

Kafkaesque

Hey guys, here is the first finals work post of many to come.

The final project for my editorial illustration class was to illustrate a cover for 
Kafka's novella "Metamorphosis". 
After some research into Kafka's life and his motivations, I chose to focus on the family of the story rather than the protagonists' hard-shelled insect body.

my process - from left to right:
line/sketch
color study
oils on wood panel

then I put the painting into photoshop and finished it up:


This is the resolution I came to, 
inspired by miniature victorian portraits and horror flicks.

speaking of which, if you haven't already checked it out, take a moment and enjoy
the twisted characters of cinema done by the year's best actors!

1 comment:

  1. I cant... this is... damnit millie... I like this so much

    ReplyDelete